Have you ever imagined a world without Jesus? Not Him, not His Word, not His Holy Spirit, and not His Heavenly Father? Have you really taken time to ponder what all would be missing?
I can tell you this much, it scares me to death how much of our life here on earth, and our promised eternal life with our Savior (as believers in Jesus Christ), would be missing.
Vital aspects of our universe: the breath of life, a designed universe, designed humanity, etc.
I could go on and on, but can you imagine it? Pure and utter chaos – darkness, the absence of life itself, nothingness.
Yet, we don’t have to live that stark reality, because of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Creator, Sustainer, Healer, and Sovereign King.
So some of you may ask, “Why is our world still so messed up if Jesus does exist?” My answer to you would be this:
“Humanity thought we could do better on our own. We think we can do our lives better without Jesus, and we have screwed up big time.”BOLD & Beautiful
Below, I have listed various challenges. Pick one that is doable for you, and one that takes you out of your comfort zone. Comment below with your results…we are in this together.
“If we took the time to ask ourselves why were are so selfish, and focus more on God, we wouldn’t be in this mess to begin with.”BOLD & Beautiful
Here is a small taste of what it means to give up our selfishness for God.
- Give up your favorite activity for God this week – TV, eating dessert, whatever it may be – give it up for 3-7 days.
- In place of doing your favorite activity, pick an activity focused on God – praying, praising God, reading Scripture (books of Psalms, John, Titus, etc. are good ones to start with).
Fasting from distractions in your life, that take your attention away from God isn’t too difficult, but here is the super challenge.
- If you haven’t already, find and commit to attending a church, at least 3 weeks in row.
- If you already have a church, find a prayer/accountability partner, to encourage you in your faith.
- If you already have that in place, pray and ask God where in your church could you be serving Him?
For frequent church goers, the super challenge may be something they do already. Now, let’s step it up to the next level.
- Share the gospel with someone, anyone.
- Invite someone to church.
- Show generosity to someone in need.
- Forgive that person who hurt you the most, and tell them your forgive them.
**Post your results in the comments below, I want to hear from you! Let’s encourage each other in our walk – let’s be BOLD!!